Number of Schools
Inspired Education. Inspiring Students
Covering an area of approximately 2,900 square kilometers, the Ottawa Catholic School Board is an all encompassing urban, suburban and rural school board located in Eastern Ontario. With a full-time staff of approximately 4,000, we operate 82 schools, a multi-site treatment center, an adult high school, and four adult education centers. We also offer a variety of other learning programs such as English as a Second Language programs, international language courses, basic literacy for adults and a series of general interest courses for the public. We also have a Family Welcome Centre for Newcomers, a dual-credit program for students with Algonquin College, and achievement centers for homeless youth, pregnant teens, and youth in custody. We provide a distinctive education program with a special emphasis on student success and spiritual growth to approximately 38,800 full-time students.
Our Vision - Our collective goal
At the Ottawa Catholic School Board, all students are inspired and guided to realize their spiritual, social and academic potential, and to take their place in the world as thoughtful, well-rounded citizens.
Our Mission - How we will achieve our vision.
The mission of the Ottawa Catholic School Board is to provide all students with a well rounded education for the mind, body and spirit through an emphasis on academic excellence, social responsibility and Catholic values.
Our Board Priorities
The Board Priorities plan continues to focus on three core elements, which have remained consistent over several years.
Success for Students
- Support learners to be discerning believers, formed in the Catholic faith
- Nurture reflective, creative literate learners across all curriculum areas
- Honour and respect the diversity of all learners
Success for Staff
- Provide ongoing opportunities to deepen adult faith
- Cultivate Catholic collaborative learning communities through inquiry and shared leadership
- Develop technological skills to enhance collaboration, teaching and learning.
Areas of Focus
- A comprehensive approach to leadership development
- Learning- oriented organizational improvement processes
A Comprehensive Approach to Leadership Development